Thursday, April 10, 2008

IMPORTANCE OF RETOUCHING

In today's wedding photography era a photographer not only earns his money (or reputation) on what he can do with the camera but what he does after.  Meaning: most photographers have their own set of techniques they use with the computer to bring out the best in their clients. Personally, I keep my formula simple: Great Color + Great Skin = a great photograph.  I also do teeth whitening and some techniques to bring out the eyes but for the most part I try to make sure that every photograph that goes into a client's album is rich in color and skin tones are free of blemishes, scars, etc..  Because lets face it here; by the time a bride walks down the isle (crying), says "I do" (while crying), gets a million hugs from family and friends (still crying) - her make-up is all but gone.  Which means by the time I start to photograph the formals, the bride looks like she did when she woke up in the morning -lol  Unlike some photographers I don't charge for this service nor do I put a limit on it.  I just make sure every single photograph that goes into the bride's flush mount wedding album is as beautiful and perfect as it can be.  I feel thats what my clients deserve.


This is the photograph before retouching.

This is after retouching.







No comments: